Request : ETA on phpbb 3.1 Ext Version of bbDKP

All general discussions around bbdkp can be posted here.
Malchome
Peasant
Peasant

Request : ETA on phpbb 3.1 Ext Version of bbDKP

Post#1 » 13 Feb 2015, 20:02

Hello,

Sorry to pester as being a developer in my professional job I understand unforeseen development issues causing delays as well as irl stuff interfering with donated unpaid development. Just curious as to how of the conversion to the new paradigm was going.

I submitted concerns a while back about upgrading phpbb from 3.0.x to 3.1, as it did not look like a graceful upgrade was possible. So uninstalling the modification version of bbDKP and then upgrading the phpBB 3.0.x to 3.1.x looks like is the way to go and then applying the bbDKP EXT version. How the data transfer between the 2 versions is suppose to go was one of the concerns I posted weeks ago.

Just looking for an estimated timeline if you have one or at very least a ballpark for completion. I was hoping to potentially get involved after the change over but now I am contemplating just writing my own Calendar/RaidPlanner as the DKP part is nice but not necessary for the needs of the guild I support. If I do get impatient and go this route I will share code I write back to you as I am going to try and stick close to the phpBB best practices for Extensions. Additionally I will be attempting to keep most of the same RP data structure so that I can feed the existing character/event information from bbDKP already in my database into the new front end. I have not gotten anywhere other than creating a basic Extension skeleton for it, which is just the core files phpBB requires with a few other empty files.

Dragonsys
Shadow lurker

Re: Request : ETA on phpbb 3.1 Ext Version of bbDKP

Post#2 » 16 Feb 2015, 06:53

according to this post (viewtopic.php?f=65&t=3446), the ETA would be never.

Malchome
Peasant
Peasant

Post#3 » 16 Feb 2015, 21:22

Well damn.

I remember seeing threads from last year late summer where there was discussion about a version for phpBB 3.1 but it was going to come after the next version for phpBB 3.0.x.

Oh well I will have to chalk this up software up to another dead project like WRM.

sgtevmckay
Farmhand
Farmhand

Post#4 » 31 May 2015, 22:45

It is unfortunate as the service that I am most happy with, will not allow us to install PhPBB versions Prior to 3.1 :/

Therefore apparently we will miss....Most disappointing

Sajaki
Developer
Developer

Post#5 » 06 Sep 2015, 20:04

hello,
due to private reasons this wasn't done. however I've restarted phpbb development recently and i may have some good news soon™.

Mashed
Shadow lurker

Post#6 » 07 Sep 2015, 00:42

really looking forward to this. Made the mistake of upgrading forums when 3.1 was first released and the guild has gone with out bbdkp since. Been constantly checking here for any news...

Much appreciated for all your time and effort 8)

Mess
Tireless Squire
Tireless Squire

Post#7 » 23 Oct 2015, 08:37

Best news ever!
Glad to have you back. :D

On a side note. Please consider adding block support for popular portals instead of developing your own.

fruitdruifje
Tireless Squire
Tireless Squire

Post#8 » 18 Dec 2015, 21:24

Wonderfull news :)

Im keeping track of github :)
The one there now does give me a error page :(
Offering to test every version comming up :)

Return to “General Discussion”