Todo List for 2.0

All general discussions around bbdkp can be posted here.
Sajaki
Developer
Developer

Todo List for 2.0

Post#1 » 30 Oct 2014, 14:39

Todo List for 2.0
Estimated release date: 30-11-2014

1. finalise these issues
    • #244 Add unit tests
    • #98 Conversion from MOD to Extension
  2. Test install of 2.0 package
  3. merge branch-2.0 into develop-2.0

Code: Select all

git checkout develop-2-0
    git merge --no-ff dev-2

4. merge branch 2-0 into develop

Code: Select all

git merge --no-ff develop

5. Upload packages
  6. Prepare an announcement

Malchome
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Todo List for 2.0

Post#2 » 03 Nov 2014, 19:10

Tried to send PM with this thought but must not have enough posts to qualify to send them.

On a test install I ran the upgrade package from PHPBB to move to 3.1.1. It was moderately successful however there are several issues.

When BBPDK is migrated from Add-on to Extension it may be a good idea to create an exporting tool first. This way we can uninstall the Add-ons migrate the board then perform the extension upgrade. This would then need a data import mechanism. This would also be useful for making intermediate backups of just bbDKP while not backing up the entire server DB.

I am just not seeing any graceful way of upgrading an existing 3.0.12 installation with bbDKP to 3.1.1 and bbDKP as an extension.

Sajaki
Developer
Developer

Post#3 » 16 Dec 2014, 15:53

hi all, due to house move i've not been able to pick up development as promised. i'll try to do work on it during christmas after i'm settled.

Aiki
Farmhand
Farmhand

Post#4 » 17 Dec 2014, 12:33

Hi Sajaki,

Good to know you're still here !

I hope everything went well for your moving, and I'm looking forward to your next update :)

I'd like to help you with the development, , but my PHP skill are quite low ... Maybe you need help on French translation ?

bgallagh3r
Shadow lurker

Post#5 » 21 Jan 2015, 16:11

I've been working with PHP for a few years and would like to offer any help you may need to get this going on phpbb 3.1

It seems that development has all but stopped since your move. I'm not overly familiar with phpbb at this point but I'm a quick study. ;)

Return to “General Discussion”