[REQUEST] Couple of request for Raidplanner

You have some neat ideas wou wuold like to see implemented ?

Moderator: Developer

Forum rules
Accepted features will be published on Github
https://github.com/bbDKP/bbguild/issues
Aiki
Farmhand
Farmhand

[REQUEST] Couple of request for Raidplanner

Post#1 » 17 Jun 2014, 12:42

Hi there,

I'm using Raidplanner 1.0RC1 and it is working great so far ! Thanks for your hard work :)

There are only a few points that, in my opinion, need to be improved.

1) As a raidleader, when you confirm someone, there is no option tu put this person back in the queue. The only way to do this at the moment is to made this person unavailable, and this person has to put itself back in the queue. It is not really practical, because if the raid leader made a mistake while confirming people (or if he changed his mind and want to confirm someone else), it's really hard to correct it. So, here's my request :
When someone has been confirmed, is it possible to have a way to put him back in the queue (kind of an "unconfirm" function) ?

2) As a raidleader, you have to make sure your raid is viable and has enough tanks and healers for the encounters you are working on. So, you often have to use raider's offspec in raid. Imagine that you need 3 tanks, have only 2 available, but one of your melee DPS has an viable tank offspec. It would be really handy if raidleaders could change the role of the character before confirming it, but at the moment there is no way in raidplanner to do it. So, here's the request :
Is it possible to have a way to change available people's role in the raidplanner ? (raidleaders can already edit notes, it would be nice if we have another button to change the role)

Thanks for reading this, and again, thanks for your hard work, it's much appreciated !

Sajaki
Developer
Developer

Re: [REQUEST] Couple of request for Raidplanner

Post#2 » 19 Jun 2014, 18:34

for the queue problem, i think the reason is that now we have only 3 states.

to fix this situation i think there should be a new state, "benched", and the raid leader can either bench or un-bench someone.

Changing the role as well, would mean changing the slot in which someone signed up, and this would be limited by the roles that are compatible with the class of the player.

the roles will be customizable in bbdkp 1.3.1, so the role change feature will have to wait till then.

thank you for the feedback ;)

Aiki
Farmhand
Farmhand

Re: [REQUEST] Couple of request for Raidplanner

Post#3 » 20 Jun 2014, 15:00

Hi Sajaki,

Thanks for your reply and for taking this into consideration.

For the role switch feature, we can easily wait for the role management being rebuilt in 1.3.1, thanks :)

For the "requeue" problem, the solution you are proposing could do the job, yes ! But wouldn't it be easier to implement a simple function allowing leaders to put a character back from the "confirmed" state directly to the "availabe" state ? The confirmed characters are those actually participating to the event, the characters left in "available" are the benched ones.

Return to “Suggestions & Feature requests”